Company: Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
Contact Person: Drew Piers
Application Deadline: March 27, 2015
The Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce is searching for a qualified college-level intern for a meaningful opportunity of a lifetime! The selected intern will join with a staff dedicated to quality and passionate about their cause. You’ll work with committed volunteers who believe in the mission of the organization from its 92 years of proudly being the best champion and strongest advocate for business in Tallahassee.
At its core, this internship will place the selected individual in a prominent role for interacting and engaging with diverse business leaders who have shaped their industries and this community in bold lasting ways.
Winning this five-month stint, spanning two school semesters, will be recognized as a top internship in the Tallahassee area. It will be focused on The Chamber’s second annual “Total Resource Campaign,” which will launch in September 2015. We are looking for an exceptional intern to work with us from pre-planning in July to campaign wrap-up in November. Our goal is to promote The Chamber, motivate our volunteers and provide genuine recognition and gratitude to every participant. The work is sure to be exhilarating!
Qualified Candidates must be available from July 1 – November 30 for approximately 20 hours per week. (There is some appropriate flexibility for holidays and reasonable time off.)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
General Campaign Work:
- Working with staff to develop overall theme of campaign and related materials
- Calling on Chamber members to secure donations for volunteer door prizes
- Collaborating with Chamber staff in the planning and execution of campaign events including training sessions, kick-off, weekly luncheons, victory celebration and incentive trip.
Assistance may include:
- Planning to make events fun, inspirational and informational
- Procuring space and food
- Organizing materials
- Setting-up events
- Breaking-down events
- Record Keeping for attendance, completing forms, helping provide event photography, etc.
- Making weekly updates to campaign volunteers
- Promoting the campaign and volunteers through Chamber communications, local media, website, etc.
- Preparing volunteer manual update, production and assembly
- Designing of signage and digital media as needed
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Great attitude
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task related to campaign timeline
- Ability to work on a team and individually
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to learn TRC online system with ease
- Detail oriented
- Must provide own transportation
If you believe you have the “right stuff” and want to work with the top business and industry leaders in our region, Apply Today!
How to Apply
E-mail resume to Drew Piers at [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, February 6, 2015