OPS Communications Public Records and Administrative Support Specialist
Company: Florida Department of Corrections
Contact Person: Molly Best
Application Deadline: February 11, 2022
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides direct support to the Office of Communications, within the Office of the Secretary. The duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Receives, logs, and reviews media related public record requests; prioritizes review of documents and processing of requests according to urgency of requested response, confers with team lead and/or supervisor.
• Consults with Department employees, as needed, to determine applicable exemptions and reference legal justifications per Florida Statutes especially F.S. 119 and Florida Administrative Rule.
• Reviews and understands Florida laws regarding exempt/confidential records to provide assistance on the interpretation of exemptions to assist records custodians and advise requestors.
• Performs highly independent work in responding to complex requests and makes recommendations accordingly.
• Ensures completeness of Department responses to public records requests by reviewing responsive documents provided, pursuant to records searches conducted, to ascertain that responses address the specific nature of each aspect of the requests.
• Conducts and/or participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Provides administrative support to the Communications team.
• Assist as needed with Communications related tasks.
• It is vital that the incumbent be highly motivated and able to multi-task while maintaining focus on each assigned task.
• This is a highly professional position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Strong writing skills, ability to edit and summarize effectively
• Knowledge of the rules of grammar and punctuation.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form. AP style a plus.
• Ability to use correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar;
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively;
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
• Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communication;
• Skill in customer services, communication and listening;
• Skill in Microsoft Office;
• Must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Do you possess a high school diploma or its equivalent? (Screen Out: Yes or No)
Do you have experience with writing, summarizing or editing? (Not a Screen Out: Yes or No)
Do you have experience with computer databases? (Not a Screen Out: Yes or No)
Do you have experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel? (Not a Screen Out: Yes or No)
How to Apply
Please submit resume and any additional material you would like to be included during consideration to [email protected] .
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022