OPS Communications Assistant
Company: Florida Legislature
URL: Florida Legislature
Contact Person: Tom Yu
Application Deadline: December 18, 2020
The Florida Legislature’s Office of Public Information is looking for an energetic, strong writer who can write with speed, accuracy and clarity.
He or she should be a team player who can devote at least 20 hours a week but not more than 35. Among various duties, the person in this position will be responsible for supporting the Office of Public Information in the following ways:
• Draft press releases, media statements and media advisories.
• Draft social media content including but not limited to tweets and Instagram and Facebook posts.
• Answer phones and draft responses to media inquiries via phone and email.
• Pitch stories to reporters, which includes sending news releases to media and following up with phone calls.
• Monitoring social media and traditional online media sources for relevant news. Aggregation includes use of TV Eyes and Muck Rack.
• Social media and/or graphic design skills desired but not required.
How to Apply
If interested, please email [email protected] with your resume and work samples by Friday, December 18.
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, December 11, 2020