Northwest Region Communications Director
Company: Florida Department of Children and Families
Contact Person: Nicole Stookey
Application Deadline: July 8, 2013
This is a highly accountable position with the Dept. of Children and Families Northwest region. Primary job responsibilities include: providing reactive and proactive media outreach, serving as the regional spokesperson, and coordinating regional internal and external media specific communications.
• Have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, journalism, public relations, government relations or a related field from an accredited college or university is required
• Have excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate Regional press conferences and Regional media events.
• Ability to prepare press releases and other written/audio/video materials for use by the media.
• Ability to prepare Regional internal and external communication for Regional Managing Director and staff.
• Ability to interact with other state agencies, legislative staff and community organization to coordinate media responses and events.
• Ability to organize data into logical format for presentation in reports, documents and other written materials.
• Ability to conduct fact-finding research.
• Have strong verbal message delivery and good presence for on-camera interviews.
• Have strong knowledge of strategic communication and experience interacting with media outlets and acting as a spokesperson for an individual or organization.
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments and execute effective public events and press conferences.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, visit: http://jobs.myflorida.com/viewjob.html?optlink-view=view-634936&ERFormID=newjoblist&ERFormCode=any
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, July 5, 2013