Company: Florida House of Representatives
Contact Person: Jenna Sarkissian
Application Deadline: October 16, 2021
This is work specializing in the gathering and editing of digital video, audio and graphics for the Florida House of Representatives.
Examples of Work Performed:
• Gathers and edits digital video content and graphics for publication on multiple communications channels, externally and internally.
• Manages pre-production and production of video projects.
• Publishes approved content on multiple communication channels.
• Assists in related work as required.
• Captures live events and action b-roll of legislative events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be organized and be able to manage multiple projects at one time.
• Skilled in video editing, filming, graphic design, basic motion graphics, script writing and research.
• Must be creative and flexible while working in a demanding environment under tight deadlines.
• Experience with the following programs: Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, OBS Studio.
• Knowledge of chroma key workflows, progressive and interlaced signal settings, chroma subsampling, and standard NTSC broadcast standards.
• Knowledge of PC hardware and software troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of Florida’s legislative process is preferred.
• Knowledge of electronic news gathering best practices.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in communications or a related field and four years professional experience in such field; or completion of a program of study in videography or communications from a vocational/technical school, commercial art school or community college and four years professional experience in such field.
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and video production.
• Portfolio required.
Base Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Legislature offers a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
Submission of Application: Qualified applicants should e-mail or mail a completed legislative application, portfolio, optional cover letter and resume to:
Florida House of Representatives Speaker’s Office
The Florida Legislative Employment Application is available on the Legislative website at http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Publications/general/Joint/administrative/application.pdf
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021