Company: Florida Association of Insurance Agents
Contact Person: Giavona Williams
Application Deadline: September 15, 2014
Responsible for developing and implementing multi-channel marketing plans (print, digital, social) primarily for FAIA’s for-profit arm, FAIA Member Services. To do this, employee analyzes the association’s members and potential members, creates different target audiences, writes promotional/marketing materials to appeal to those audiences, distributes those messages through complimentary channels, and tracks the results of the completed effort.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Works with communications director and FAIA Member Services director to create a strategic, multi-tiered marketing plan for FMS.
• Works with communications director and departments to come up with creative and innovative ways to market FAIA to potential agency and associate members.
• Implements multi-tier marketing campaigns/plans.
• Writes promotional materials and other content, with an emphasis on useful information as a way to provide value to members and promote loyalty to FAIA.
• Works with communications director and FMS Managing Director to develop quarterly e-newsletter.
• Regularly monitors Twitter, Facebook and other social media looking for ways to promote FAIA Member Services’ partners to FAIA’s followers.
• Looks for ways to incorporate FAIA Member Services partners into FAIA’s social media channels.
• Monitors FMS website to ensure it is current, to include new banners, populating the “Media Center” with partner news and information, etc.
• Responsible for soliciting advertising for FAIA’s Convention program. Handle advertising contracts and placement of ads in publications.
• Uses various analytics to measure performance of marketing plans and make suggestions for improving them.
• Assist with the association’s communication programs to enhance/maintain a positive image of independent agents, the association, and the insurance industry.
• Employees may be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of multi-tiered marketing/integrated communications efforts.
• Understanding of marketing techniques and tactics.
• Knowledge of Google analytics and other marketing measurement means, and the ability to gather and analyze that information.
• Demonstrated ability to write effective marketing material.
• Understanding of social media best practices and familiarity with social media management tools such as Hootsuite, Vertical Response.
• Ability to manage jobs from conception to completion.
• Knowledge of computers, peripherals, and related electronic publishing software.
• Understanding of search engine optimization principles.
• Ability to manage several tasks at once and to organize tasks in order to meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Imagination and creativity.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Research and organizational skills.
• Ability to learn and evolve as the association evolves.
• Ability to anticipate needs and update/add new skills in the technical field.
• Ability to gain timely knowledge of insurance terms.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Degree in communications, marketing, public relations, media/communication studies, information/communication/technology or related field.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience.
• (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be considered for the above minimum qualifications.)
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and three writing samples to [email protected] Subject line should read: Marketing/Communications Specialist.
Job Originally Posted on: Sunday, August 24, 2014