Company: Florida Association of Insurance Agents
Contact Person: S. Ray
Application Deadline: January 9, 2015
FAIA seeks a marketing a communications specialist to join a communications team with a strong desire to get ahead of the curve. We use technology to its full advantage and aren’t afraid to try new things.
The marketing and communications specialist is responsible for developing and implementing multi-channel marketing plans (print, digital, social) for FAIA and its for-profit arm, FAIA Member Services. To do this, employee analyzes the association’s members (and potential members), creates target audiences, writes promotional/marketing materials to appeal to those audiences, distributes those messages through complimentary channels, and tracks the results of the completed effort. Recruits advertisers for Convention program and manages the Convention app. The job is a full-time position.
- Working with communications director and others to create strategic, multi-tiered marketing plans for FAIA Events.
- Working with communications director and departments to come up with creative and innovative ways to market FAIA classes, products, and services to members (and potential members).
- Implementing and measuring success of campaigns/plans.
- Writing promotional materials and other content.
- Writing quarterly e-newsletter for FAIA Member Services.
- Regularly monitoring Twitter, Facebook, and other social media looking for ways to promote FAIA Member Services’ partners to FAIA’s followers.
- Monitoring and maintaining FMS website to keep it current and relevant. Developing content and editing partner content for FMS-related blog posts.
- Soliciting advertising for FAIA’s Convention program, and handling contracts and placement of program ads.
- Assisting with the association’s communication programs to enhance/maintain a positive image of independent agents, the association, and the insurance industry.
These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees may be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.
- Experience implementing multi-tiered marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of marketing techniques and tactics.
- Demonstrated ability to write effective marketing material.
- Understanding of social media best practices and social-media management tools.
- Ability to manage jobs from conception to completion.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Experience using a website content manager.
- Experience with web-based email marketing tools.
- Ability to manage several tasks at once and to organize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Imagination and creativity.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate needs and update/add new technical skills.
Applicant should have at least two years’ experience and a four-year degree.
FAIA seeks employees who:
- Are ethically sound—honest, reliable, tolerant, open; those who have integrity
- Have edge—incisive, courageous, and accountable
- Are enthusiastic: energetic; a person with a positive attitude
- Are selfless: a team player, service oriented, flexible, giving, loyal
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter, and three writing samples to [email protected].
FAIA offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, December 10, 2015