Company: Florida Department of State
Application Deadline: March 4, 2016
This is a professional position that works with the Director of External Affairs to coordinate the promotion and marketing program activities of the Department of State and develops public campaigns to promote and increase awareness of Department activities and programs. Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Participate in strategy setting, communications and execution of Department of State marketing programs.
- Work with other agencies, municipalities, counties, and organizations within Florida to identify, develop and execute opportunities for outreach.
- Update and maintain content on the DOS website.
- Coordinate and develop social networking efforts and opportunities of the department.
- Produce press releases, proclamations, newsletters, marketing materials and other written documentation, including correspondences from the Secretary of State and other executive staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, business management, art, history or allied professions and at least three (3) years of experience in marketing, international relations, public relations, communications, advertising or program development.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of marketing principles and processes involved in organizational planning, coordination and program execution.
- Knowledge of effective communication and public outreach techniques.
- Ability to organize outreach and educational campaigns.
- Ability to develop clear written content.
- Skilled in public speaking, verbal communication, and making oral presentations.
- Ability to plan, schedule, organize multiple priorities and manage a high volume of work.
How to Apply
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, February 22, 2016