Company: First Commerce Credit Union
Contact Person: Leah T Lacayo
Application Deadline: February 8, 2022
The Marketing Specialist is a key member of a dynamic and talented team who executes marketing campaigns to build awareness and increase engagement among current and prospective members. This position contributes directly to the credit union’s growth and success by differentiating the First Commerce brand through development of relevant content, managing social media sites, assisting with graphic design, and executing other marketing initiatives.
• Write relevant and engaging content for various communication channels and target audiences, including marketing collateral, web site, social media, emails, blogs, video scripts and press releases. Includes developing and managing an annual content calendar.
• Develop and leverage media relationships to pitch stories and ideas to media partners and trade publications in different markets, and position First Commerce as a subject matter expert.
• Manage production of advertising and other marketing collateral for print and digital.
• Develop and execute marketing campaigns, promotions and community events that support the credit union’s strategic initiatives, including tracking performance metrics and outcomes.
• Manage First Commerce social media channels, including content development, driving engagement, and responding to member requests.
• Monitor industry-related web sites, social media channels and other relevant sources to stay aware of marketing trends and opportunities and make recommendations to better position the credit union for new opportunities.
• Work with vendors to ensure timely delivery of products and services that align with strategic business objectives.
• Performs job duties in accordance with policies established by the Board of Directors under the rules and regulations set by the National Credit Union Administration, the State of Florida and any applicable State laws for financial centers located in other States.
• Complies with Reg E, BSA, OFAC and CIP requirements such as reporting suspicious or unusual activity to manager.
• Fully supports in actions and words First Commerce’s Vision, Mission, Core Values and Service Standards.
• Attends meetings timely and as required; reports to work as scheduled and adheres to First Commerce’s dress code.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Superior communication skills – written and verbal with attention to detail.
• Demonstrates sound analytical skills and independent problem-solving ability.
• Good project management and planning and coordination skills.
• Ability to handle confidential information professionally and discretely.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Strategic Communications, Journalism or Public Relations.
• A minimum of 3+ years’ experience working in journalism, public relations, corporate communications, marketing, or advertising.
• At least 3+ years’ of strong writing experience for a variety of communication channels, including news stories, press releases, marketing materials, social media, emails, blogs, website content, etc.
• A minimum of 2+ years in a fast-paced environment with proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• A minimum 1+ year of experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
• A minimum 1+ year of experience working with the media (television, radio, newspaper, magazine, etc.) preferred.
• Familiarity with marketing and analytics tools used for social media, web sites, reputation management, marketing automation and/or SEO.
• Moderate level of proficiency using Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
How to Apply
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, January 7, 2022