Marketing & Sales Coordinator
Company: Destination Panama City
Application Deadline: December 10, 2015
Destination Panama City seeks a Marketing & Sales Coordinator.
The Marketing & Sales Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the coordination, development, monitoring and timely execution of activities related to advertising, public relations, social media plans, programs and materials. This position is also responsible for supporting the Panama City Community Development Corporation digital marketing platforms, including, but not limited to: websites and social media platforms. This position reports to the President/CEO of the Panama City Community Development Corporation.
General Scope of Duties:
- Responsible for acting as liaison with the marketing agency of record regarding interactive / digital media platforms and campaigns; ensuring website / social media content meets brand standards and adheres to approved marketing plan.
- Responsible for assisting in the creation, development, and implementation of marketing, public relations, social media campaigns; collateral; logos and other materials to support the Panama City Community Development Corporation’s sponsored events.
- Responsible to work collaboratively with the agencies of record for marketing, public relations, and research.
- Responsible for the development and execution of corporate communication programs, including newsletters, press releases, blog posts and industry award submissions.
- Responsible to assist in the development of annual research needs assessment for potential inclusion in the research budget while ensuring goals, objectives and performance metrics are incorporated into all marketing campaigns and programs.
- Responsible assist President/CEO in working collaboratively with agencies of record to develop marketing and sales annual work program.
- Responsible to aid in the development and distribution of original content related to the Panama City visitor experience to more effectively market Panama City and enhance the perception of Panama City as a tourist destination.
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating marketing committee meetings.
- Responsible for the oversight, creative direction, and publication of the Panama City Visitor’s Guide.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting visitor inquiries, including walk-ins, telephone, website and social media inquiries
The Sales & Marketing Coordinator will perform other assignments as instructed by the President/CEO of the Panama City Community Development Corporation.
- Must possess the ability to portray and project a professional image.
- Must possess the ability to exercise initiative, good judgment, and tact when representing the Panama City Community Development Corporation.
- Must possess a Florida driver’s license. Travel is required in the performance of regular duties.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate through written and verbal means.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have demonstrated attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to analyze project needs, multi-task, be results-oriented especially in terms of selling and marketing the destination.
- Must possess above average to excellent computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Must have earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, communication, journalism, or have commensurate experience in a directly related field.
- Preferred prior experience with destination marketing or management.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, references and resume to [email protected] Deadline is 12/10.
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, December 4, 2015