Company: SMG- The Pavilion at The Centre of Tallahassee
Contact Person: Karen Donoghue
Application Deadline: July 15, 2016
POSITION: Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Marketing Manager at Tallahassee Pavilion at The Centre of Tallahassee. This position is responsible for implementing and executing all integrated advertising, communications and long and short term marketing programs for ticketed and non ticketed events at Tallahassee Pavilion at The Centre of Tallahassee. This position works directly with cross functional teams with continuous interaction with internal and external customers to achieve marketing initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Manages and implements Tallahassee Pavilion marketing campaigns for both ticketed and non-ticketed events. This including; media buys and placement, social media, group sales, targeted email blasts, editorials, consumer outreach etc.
- Implements and executes initiatives within the annual marketing plan designed to maximize awareness of facility.
- Maintains close coordination with The Centre of Tallahassee’s sales and marketing team.
- Assist in developing and managing annual budget for relative areas of responsibility
- Establishes and maintains relationships with media, industry, and community partners.
- Evaluates new technology and product ideas and contribute to new service offerings along with identification of areas for innovation
- Plans and conducts market research to identify opportunities for increased sales
- Acts as liaison with third party vendors as assigned
- Provides post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on marketing programs
- Carries out others job duties as assigned
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related field required
- Minimum 2 years related marketing experience required
- Related Public Relations experience a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- High level computer, digital media and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to develop and lead multiple projects into completion
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of team with high enthusiasm and creativity
- Hours worked in this position will vary due to the demands of event scheduling and related activities to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
How to Apply
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please send a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements to:
SMG-The Centre of Tallahassee
300 Conshohocken State Road, Suite 450
West Conshohocken, PA 19428
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 610-729-1074
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016