Marketing Coordinator Intern
Company: Tallahassee Foodies
URL: Tallahassee Foodies
Contact Person: Jennifer Leale
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024
Virtual Position / Paid $15/hr.
6-8 hours per week
The role of Marketing Coordinator will act as a liaison between Tallahassee Foodies and our brand partners – advertising and event clients. The Marketing Coordinator will help fulfill social media branded posts, both purchased by clients and as needed for Tallahassee Foodies. Marketing content writing and wrap up reporting abilities needed.
This position interacts with clients and staff, requiring a positive and collaborative attitude. There must be an organized approach to work, reliable and timely work ethic, strong attention to detail, and the ability to self-check. Must be able to track multiple tasks and priorities and meet deadlines. Report to manager any obstacles that might keep work from being fulfilled on deadline.
About Tallahassee Foodies:
- Tallahassee Foodies Facebook Group: Members: 79,600
- Tallahassee Foodies Newsletter: Subscribers: 8,427 | Open rate 41% (industry standard is 21%)
- Tallahassee Foodies Instagram: Followers: 15,400 | Reach: 21,336
- Tallahassee Foodies Facebook Page: Followers: 18,000 | Reach: 107,647
- Tallahassee Foodies Home Facebook Group: Members: 14,600
- All Access Foodies at Patreon: Subscribers: 427
Tallahassee Foodies boasts more than 100,000 fans, followers, members, and subscribers but calling it a “Facebook group” doesn’t fully capture the magic. We are a digital community of people who are passionate about supporting local businesses while engaging with each other in a spirit of positivity and celebration. We are where locals turn for advice about where to spend the moments that matter most, from food truck first dates to fancy anniversary dinners and college graduation banquets. Tallahassee Foodies has risen to become its own brand and is frequently the answer to “Where did you hear about us?”
Because there was nothing like it, Tallahassee Foodies was primed for success when it launched in 2019. It became the first space for community conversation about our favorite eateries, thriving through “support local” posts that resonated with audiences hungry both for food and for a positive place on the Internet. When COVID-19 hit and patrons wanted to keep local businesses from shuttering, their membership exploded — and those members took action. Numerous food establishments credit Tallahassee Foodies with helping them keep their doors open through the pandemic.
Here are a few things we have accomplished together as a community:
- Featured on an episode of the Today Show for bringing different sides of town together over our love of Oreos, several radio shows and evening news during the pandemic
- Fueling the local economy with fun city and county partnerships, including the Visit Tallahassee Summer Backyard Bucket List, Tallahassee Downtown’s ‘Dink & Dine’ Pickleball event, amongst others.
- So many restaurants have credited us all for keeping their doors open during pandemic
- A feature in Tallahassee Magazine
- Front page of the Tallahassee Democrat newspaper for our Black Owned Restaurants list that sent a boost of business to some of our fave local establishments during a time of racial unrest
- Over $25K donated to Second Harvest, and hopefully much more over time
- A Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce Pace Setter award nomination
- A TCC Women’s History Month Award for Essential Women
- A FAMU Small Business Development Center Minority Enterprise Development Week Award of Merit.
How to Apply
Please send resume to Jennifer at [email protected].
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023