Marketing and Communications Specialist
Contact Person: Sue Ray
Application Deadline: December 31, 2015
FAIA seeks a marketing/communications specialist to join a communications team with a strong desire to get ahead of the curve. We use technology to its full advantage and aren’t afraid to try new things.
Job responsibilities include:
- Working with communications director and others to create strategic, multi-tiered marketing plans for FAIA Events.
- Working with communications director and departments to come up with creative and innovative ways to market FAIA classes, products, and services to members (and potential members).
- Implementing and measuring success of campaigns/plans.
- Writing promotional materials and other content.
- Writing quarterly e-newsletter for FAIA Member Services.
- Regularly monitoring Twitter, Facebook, and other social media looking for ways to promote FAIA Member Services’ partners to FAIA’s followers.
- Monitoring and maintaining FMS website to keep it current and relevant.
- Developing content and editing partner content for FMS-related blog posts.
- Soliciting advertising for FAIA’s Convention program, and handling contracts and placement of program ads.
- Managing the FAIA Convention app.
- Assisting with the association’s communication programs to enhance/maintain a positive image of independent agents, the association, and the insurance industry.
- Experience implementing multi-tiered marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of marketing techniques and tactics.
- Demonstrated ability to write effective marketing material.
- Understanding of social media best practices and social-media management tools.
- Ability to manage jobs from conception to completion.
- Experience using a website content manager.
- Experience with web-based email marketing tools.
- Ability to manage several tasks at once and to organize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Imagination and creativity.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate needs and update/add new technical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability and desire to write tight, compelling copy is essential.
FAIA seeks employees who:
- Are ethically sound—honest, reliable, tolerant, open; those who have integrity
- Have edge—incisive, courageous, and accountable
- Are enthusiastic: energetic; a person with a positive attitude
- Are selfless: a team player, service oriented, flexible, giving, loyal
How to Apply
FAIA offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and three writing samples to [email protected] We are looking to fill this position quickly.
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, December 17, 2015