Marketing & Communications Intern
Company: CareerSource Capital Region
Contact Person: Charlotte Brown
Application Deadline: March 7, 2014
15 – 20 hours per week
Immediate Need + Summer Semester
Exciting internship opportunity for current undergraduate or graduate student studying Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related degree.
The Marketing and Communications Intern will support the Marketing and Communications Coordinator by playing a meaningful role as liaison between internal and external audiences, including media and partners. Primary duties include writing copy and preparing press materials; assisting in social media marketing campaigns; compiling press clips; pitching to the media; designing new marketing collateral; as well as creating new communication strategies for internal and external audiences related to CareerSource Capital Region. Additional duties may include special event planning, community outreach, research, etc.
This hands-on internship will give the selected candidate the opportunity to understand all realms of communications. CareerSource Capital Region is looking for a self-starter with a strong work ethic and willingness to take initiative and be proactive.
To learn more about CareerSource Capital Region, visit our website and social media pages:
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to craft messages within brand guidelines and in different styles, voices and tones;
• Strict attention to detail and impeccable spelling and grammar;
• Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and balance competing priorities;
• Knowledge and experience with major social media platforms; and
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office programs.
• Graphic design experience using Adobe suite, including PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign;
• Web development/maintenance experience helpful; and photography, videography and editing skills; and
• Media pitching and interviewing skills.
How to Apply
If interested, please submit a resume to [email protected] with the title “Marketing & Communications Intern” in the subject line.
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, February 20, 2014