Marketing and Events Coordinator Internship
Company: Florida Chamber Foundation
Contact Person: Juli Puckett
Application Deadline: May 31, 2013
The Florida Chamber Foundation is looking for a qualified individual who is interested in gaining valuable experience in marketing, communications and partner relations for the organization. The Foundation is a business-led, solutions development and research organization, working in partnership with state business leaders to secure Florida’s future.
The ideal candidate will be professional, take initiative, work well with a team, detail-oriented, and can adapt to a fast-paced work environment with the ability to multi-task. The student should also proficient in Microsoft Office, event planning, and graphic design experience is a must.
This paid internship will begin summer 2013 and the final candidate will be asked to commit through the fall semester and contribute at least 20 hours per week or more. The intern will also be expected to be on-site for the event to assist with the execution of the Forum in October (Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Orlando, FL).
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Participate in creative brainstorming for planning and execution of Foundation events (Idea Summits and Future of Florida Forum)
• Develop and maintain budget spreadsheet
• Design marketing materials such as save the dates, sponsorship flyers, event agendas, and general brand awareness materials
• Assist in sponsorship recruitment and deliverables
• Assist in the logistics of event planning such as: running errands, working with vendors, room setup and take down, preparing supplies for event, being present for last minute needs at event
• Available to work through Fall 2013 semester
• Must be available to attend the Future of Florida Forum, October 14-16, 2013 in Orlando, Florida
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Event planning and management/coordination experience
• Creative thinker
• Ability to multi-task
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and InDesign
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates need to submit a cover letter and resume to Juli Puckett at [email protected] Relevant writing and/or design samples will be requested for candidates who are contacted for an interview.
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, May 3, 2013