Marketing and Communications Specialist
Company: University of Florida
Contact Person: [email protected]
Application Deadline: November 18, 2023
The Student Health Care Center at The University of Florida within the Department of Community Health and Family Medicine (CHFM) is seeking a Marketing and Communications Specialist.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist will be a member of the UF Health Communications division and UF Student Health Care Center (SHCC) and will be dedicated to supporting the SHCC by implementing marketing and communication strategies, and associated activities on behalf of the SHCC. This position will interface with various stakeholders, including students, families, faculty, staff, UF administration and UF organizations. The incumbent must be highly proficient in writing and editing, project management, marketing, social media, media relations, event planning and campus and community outreach. The position requires coordination and a collaborative approach, to gather and disseminate detailed information, while avoiding duplication of effort to ensure effectiveness and adherence to UF and UF-Health communication standards, guidelines and policies. The incumbent will work closely with SHCC providers and staff, UF Health Marketing and Communications, UF Strategic Communications and Marketing, and Division of Student Life leadership to ensure SHCC is involved and aligned with the strategic marketing and communication efforts to students on campus. This incumbent will routinely report on results and will need to be able to operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Develops marketing/advertising, external and internal communications strategies for the UF Student Health Care Center, including goals, objectives, tactics and marketing effectiveness measurements using market, media usage and competitor data.
- Coordinates related activities using appropriate campus resources and ensuring work deliverables meet design standards and comply with UF and UF Health identity and branding policies.
- Regularly discusses needs and progress of projects and exchanges ideas for outreach and business development with key stakeholders.
- Provides regular reports on the effectiveness of campaigns and projects. These activities include but are not limited to digital, print, social media and public relations functions.
- Writes, edits and updates content for a variety of print and other promotional materials, including flyers, posters, advertisements, newsletters, brochures, directories, informational sheets, video and television scripts, and web content.
- Works with UF Health Communications creative services team and/or external vendors to develop designed assets for each project and coordinates production.
- Works with photographers, videographers, freelancers, illustrators and social media manager(s) as necessary.
- Oversees all pertinent SHCC web pages. Consults with internal clients and social media team on associated strategies.
- Complies with editing, review and news distribution policies of UF Health Communications and the UF Communications.
- Develops and implements SHCC campus and community outreach activities and internal/external special events, including promotion of services to target populations via Preview, seminars and screenings, health fairs, etc.
- Maintains involvement in broader campus health focus on creating student-centered health events, promoting positive word-of-mouth communication and establishing personal connections with students.
- Works in partnership with Student Government health initiatives.
- Supports media relations efforts working in collaboration with UF Health Communication’s external communications team and UF Strategic Communications and Marketing, including responding to media inquiries and coordination of news releases, articles, publications and media advisories.
About Gainesville, Florida:
Gainesville (http://cityofgainesville.org) is home to Florida’s largest and oldest university and serves as one of the state’s centers of education, medicine, cultural events and athletics. Gainesville is also the largest city in Alachua County and is the county seat, with approximately 269,000 residents county-wide. The city provides a full range of municipal services, including cultural and nature services and necessary administrative services to support these activities. Additionally, the city owns a regional transit system, a regional airport, and a 72-par championship golf course. Known for its preservation of historic buildings and the beauty of its natural surroundings, Gainesville’s numerous parks, museums and lakes provide entertainment to thousands of visitors. Because of its beautiful landscape and urban “forest,” Gainesville is one of the most attractive cities in Florida. It is a hidden gem in North Central Florida that is within a couple hours to major cities such as Orlando, Jacksonville, and Tampa. We are in a central location to both the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean, providing easy access within a day’s drive to beaches, nature preserves, and water-based activities. We have warm weather much of the year, allowing for outdoor activities almost year-round. Due to the diverse atmosphere generated by The University of Florida and UF Health Shands who are the leading employers in Gainesville, Gainesville is also a wonderful place to raise a family. For more information about Gainesville, FL please go to: The Guide to Greater Gainesville Explore Gainesville in 60 seconds
At Community Health and Family Medicine and its divisions, everyone belongs, grows, and thrives!
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience; or an associate’s degree and five years of relevant experience.
How to Apply
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023