Information Specialist III
Company: Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation
Contact Person: Beth Frady
Application Deadline: October 4, 2013
The Department of Business and Professional Regulation is hiring an Information Specialist III to work within the Office of Communications. This position will serve as a communications specialist that assists the Office of Communications in its goals and mission.
This position reports directly to the Director of Communications and specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Serve as liaison to the Executive Office of the Governor and related state agencies
• Assist in developing media alerts, pitch letters, press releases and other materials related to media relations.
• Maintain databases and communication information on the Intranet and website
• Assist in special event coordination such as Food Truck Fairs and related outreach events. Assists in implementation of annual media campaigns and related public relations campaigns.
• Performs special assignments, research and report preparation and other internal projects as assigned.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority. Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act
Knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position:
Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communication and ability to communicate effectively. Ability to prepare correspondence and reports. Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Ability to work independently to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments and solve problems. Knowledge of computer software.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013