INFORMATION SPECIALIST III - 79011527
Company: Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation
Contact Person: Karen Smith
Application Deadline: January 3, 2020
• Serving as PIO for joint sting operations by the Division of Regulation with other agencies; signing and routing all sting operation forms; updating the Division of Regulation’s Unlicensed Activity webpage on a regular basis; drafting press releases regarding the Division of Regulation’s efforts.
• Working on special projects as assigned by the Office of the Secretary, including books, partnerships, videos, etc.;
brainstorming, planning and executing events, including conferences, expos, panel discussions, etc.; facilitating partnerships with large groups/organizations to maximize outreach and reinforce goals/initiatives.
• Creating and editing graphics for use in internal and external newsletters, brochures, events, etc. to enhance the overall communications efforts and goals of the department.
• Drafting written communication for social media, newsletters, articles, and related items; aiding with managing department external affairs and outreach initiatives as necessary, including writing speeches for individuals representing the agency; providing assistance in updating the department’s intranet and external website.
• Updating the Regulation webpage regularly (‘In the News,’ ‘Outreach Efforts,’ etc.}
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Communications and one (1} year of related work experience.
• Valid Driver License.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to apply through the People First system by the closing date, by either applying online or faxing a completed application to the People First Service Center to 1-888-403-2110. All required documentation must be received by the closing date of the advertisement. If you have any questions regarding your application, you may call 1-877-562-7287.
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, December 23, 2019