Company: Florida State University Foundation
Application Deadline: August 29, 2014
The Graphic Designer works collaboratively to contribute to the strategic messaging for the FSU Foundation, its boards and various departments to advance and support fundraising and stewardship efforts. Position includes the design and production of printed pieces, such as annual reports, brochures, invitation packages and other event collateral, logos, and direct mail pieces, as well as electronic media, including email dissemination and management of the Foundation’s website using Blackbaud NetCommunity content management system. The Graphic Designer will be expected to uphold and exemplify the operating practices and mission of the Foundation.
– Design and produce hardcopy and electronic invitations, menu cards, name tags and signage for a variety of special event functions;
– Contribute to the design and production of collateral for the University’s comprehensive campaign as well as fundraising materials for individual colleges and units, the Women for Florida State University and individual Foundation departments, such as Annual Giving, Gift Planning, Special Events, Donor/Board Relations and Stewardship;
– Design and facilitate printing of all collateral material for The Women for Florida State University;
– Work with various departments within the Foundation and the University to meet their specific needs and requirements while building and maintaining brand recognition and standards through consistency in design;
– Work within the Foundation’s content management system to create and update web pages and to send eblasts;
– Develop relationships with vendors to effectively manage projects that require print and/or mail house services;
– Participate in goal setting and assist with the development, documentation and implementation of appropriate styles, procedures and protocols;
– Pursue continuing education and training on the Foundation’s web content management software, as well as other tools and software for print and electronic design;
– Handle the production and coordination of multiple direct mail initiatives;
– Protect confidential information;
– Other duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree required;
– Minimum of two years of professional experience in graphic design for print and web;
– Proven track record in establishing positive, productive working relationships with customers, vendors, and volunteers;
– Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.);
– Proficient with Microsoft Office Products;
– HTML, CSS and responsive design experience preferred;
– Direct mail experience preferred;
– Familiarity with web content management systems preferred;
– Experience with social media preferred;
– Familiarity with non-profit fundraising helpful.
How to Apply
Visit one.fsu.edu/jobs to review the position and upload your cover letter & resume.
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, July 7, 2014