Company: Capital City Bank
Contact Person: Capital City Bank Human Resources
Application Deadline: December 31, 2014
General Summary: The Graphic Designer is an integral part of the Capital City Bank (CCB) Marketing Department. Charged with executing the visual brand for the company, this member is responsible for brainstorming concepts and developing advertisements, collateral and communication tools to support CCB’s internal and external marketing needs. In addition to providing hands-on graphic design, the CCB Graphic Designer directs photo shoots and assists in guiding contracted agencies and designers while ensuring existing brand standards are met. In this fast paced role, it is necessary that the person who holds this position be creative, highly organized, detail oriented and demonstrate self-initiative.
The graphic designer is responsible for creating print, outdoor, interactive and online materials that appeal to clients and CCB’s associates. Standard assignments include creating campaign materials to be displayed on billboards, counter mats, company websites, magazine and newspaper advertisements, social media and ATM screens. The Graphic Designer will also be expected to revise existing materials requested by associates from a bank of materials on CCB’s Star Brand site. It is typical to have multiple assignments with competing deadlines, therefore the Graphic Designer must be able prioritize and communicate well with team members to meet expectations. As a valuable member of the team, this associate will also be required to assist with after-hour events.
All associates at Capital City Bank have access to confidential client information, and must practice discretion at all times.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
• Plans concept by studying information and materials.
• Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
• Obtains concept approval by submitting rough layout.
• Prepares finished art files for printing or electronic display and submits artwork using correct specs to vendors.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
• Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
All associates must understand and adhere to the non-negotiable Banker Standards and practicing client service excellence. Associates will consistently follow policies and procedures as established by Capital City Bank, with department managers setting the standard.
Associated Duties: Provides additional support to manager and department colleagues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Superior graphic skills and strong proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 5, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Experience in office software, including Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
• Pre-press production knowledge and experience working with printers.
• Experience with creating and packaging files to appear in print or on the web.
• Organized and demonstrates strong attention to detail, effectively prioritizes multiple tasks and establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
• Independent self-starter with ability to work as a member of a team.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, New Media Design or Fine Arts and a minimum of 5 years in the graphic design field. Relevant work experience may substitute for education.
How to Apply
Visit https://www5.apply2jobs.com/ccbg/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=1158&CurrentPage=1 to view the complete job description and apply online. Please include a link to your portfolio in your uploaded resume.
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, April 24, 2014