Company: Florida Association of Insurance Agents
Contact Person: [email protected]
Application Deadline: December 16, 2014
A statewide association has an immediate opening for a graphic artist. Excellent benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
Job responsibilities include:
- Layout and design of print media, such as brochures, flyers, posters, classroom manuals, signs, postcards, and other collateral materials
- Preparing images/graphics for Website and other forms of digital media
- Maintaining brand/visual standards for FAIA materials, from print to digital
- Overseeing and tracking print jobs (securing quotes, packaging and sending files, delivery of completed job, etc.)
- Actively participating in the development of marketing plans
- Maintaining the association’s visual identity and brand in social media
- Assisting with text and other changes to the website as needed
- Assisting with packaging and distribution of e-newsletters
To be considered, candidates must:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of editorial layout and design (typography, placement of images and text, effective use of color) and provide examples (such as report and brochure design, flyer, poster).
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of graphic, audio, video, and text file formats and their proper application and use.
- Understand the print production process, from securing quotes to packaging files.
- Be proficient in the Adobe Creative suite, specifically Illustrator, In-Design, and Photoshop.
- Have a four-year degree in graphic design or fine arts, or at least six years’ professional experience working in the field.
- Experience working on websites or in other forms of digital/visual (video production, animation, flash, etc.) media preferred but not required.
How to Apply
Send resume, references, and work samples (can be a link to online portfolio), along with a cover letter and salary requirements, to Communications Department, PO Box 12129, Tallahassee FL 32317-2129, fax to 850-668-2852, or email to [email protected]. Applicants who do not include a cover letter will not be considered. No calls, please.
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, November 18, 2014