GOVERNMENT ANALYST I (EDITOR)
Company: FL DEPT. OF REVENUE
Application Deadline: March 3, 2015
Responsible for supporting Department-wide strategies that promote cost efficiency and develop a productive workforce. The duties of this position assist the Department of Revenue to be more effective and efficient in meeting the needs of the public and its partners.
This position requires someone who expresses ideas clearly in writing and who uses good judgment; and is creative, self-motivated and committed to quality work.
This is a fast-paced work environment with multiple, and sometimes competing, deadlines. The person in this position must be able to complete quality work on time in these circumstances.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
Serves as copy editor and copy writer for Revenue’s internal communications. Responsible for identifying and correcting errors in grammar, punctuation, spelling, and checking copy for readability, style and agreement with editorial policy. Suggest revisions to improve clarity or accuracy, and may conduct research, confirm sources for writers, and verify facts, dates and statistics.
Develops internal communication messages for delivery by email, newsletter article, website or other channels.
Assists in coordinating timely and accurate development, design, testing, production, distribution and evaluation of professional, effective Communication and Professional Development (CPD) products.
Work includes but is not limited to:
- Write, edit, and proofread to ensure that written communications are well designed, effective, grammatically correct and consistent with Revenue’s vision, mission, strategic initiatives and style guidelines.
- Establish and meet timetables for the completion of specific tasks.
- Prepare publications and documents required to support Department-wide strategic goals.
- Provide copy editing and copy writing for internal communications and agency-wide training materials.
SCREENING CRITERIA: (These are the minimum requirements for the position.) SCREENING DISCLAIMER: Responses to qualifying questions should be verifiable by skills and/or experience stated on the employment application.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, education or related fields. Experience listed on application can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the degree.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- At least one year’s experience with Associated Press Style or comparable communications style guide.
WILLINGNESS DISCLAIMER: Certain requirements are needed by the incumbent of this position. There are willingness questions in the Qualifying Questions section that you must respond to. A negative response to any of the willingness questions will exclude you from further consideration for this position.
How to Apply
WHERE TO APPLY: All applicants must submit a completed State of Florida Employment Application to the People First Service Center online at: https://PeopleFirst.MyFlorida.com. IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS APPLYING ONLINE, PLEASE CALL THE PEOPLE FIRST SERVICE CENTER AT 1-877-562-7287 FOR ASSISTANCE.
FAXED OR MAILED APPLICATIONS: Applicants who submit their application via fax or by mail will be contacted by a Staffing Specialist from the People First Service Center during their normal business hours (8 a.m.-6 p.m. EST) to answer the qualifying questions prior to the application deadline date. Applicants who do not respond to the qualifying questions will not be considered for this position.
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, February 19, 2015