Contact Person: Jess Boyd McCullough
Application Deadline: August 1, 2020
The communications internship is an exciting opportunity for an undergraduate to participate in the multifaceted work of a fast-paced communications office while gaining professional experience and building a portfolio. The intern will have opportunities to meet senior leaders of the organization, build professional networks and present his/her project(s) at the end of the internship.
The internship will include planning and promotion activities for ExcelinEd’s annual National Summit on Education. The Summit is the nation’s premier gathering of education reformers and includes elected and appointed officials, education experts and other stakeholders in K-12 education.
Examples of Activities:
- Create and coordinate outgoing content on digital platforms (website, blog, email, social media) to partners or media.
- Develop, produce and promote short video segments featuring students and parents who have benefited from access to educational opportunities.
- Create graphic concepts to support policy and National Summit initiatives.
- Collect, evaluate and present data from outreach and marketing efforts.
- Review and update reporter database.
- Work with policy staff to incorporate facts and statistics into messaging strategy.
- Undergraduate junior or senior (as of Fall 2020), or recent graduate, enrolled in a degree program in communications, marketing, public relations or other relevant field.
- Must be able to work remotely.
- Skills in graphic or video editing software preferred.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently while simultaneously collaborating with a team.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to [email protected]. You will be contacted if selected for further consideration.
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020