Events and Logistics Coordinator
Company: The James Madison Institute
Contact Person: Samantha Blair
Application Deadline: November 15, 2016
Supervisor: Reports directly to the Executive Vice President
Event Planning and Production
– Negotiate for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure no details are overlooked.
– Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
– Coordinate communications department with regard to advertising/marketing events.
– Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
– Serve as liaison with speaker/honoree on event-related matters.
– Manage on-site production and cleanup for events as necessary.
– Close out all events as required and acquire any/all necessary reimbursements.
– Travel as needed.
– Prepare budgets for each event.
– Prepare nametags, materials, sponsorship signs, packages, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
– Keep track of event finances.
– Coordinate appointments and site visits to see event space.
– Coordinate the scheduling of events on the calendar.
– Prepare and modify event contracts as requested.
– Coordinate with development staff to obtain invitation lists.
– Create, send, and monitor email invitations, mailed invitations and other promotional materials.
– Send details for each event to communications department for website and social media postings.
– Work with appropriate JMI staff on calendaring and planning of on-site events.
– Procurement of food and beverage for on-site events.
– Management of set-up/ break-down for on-site events.
– Attend as needed.
– Gather post-event information from staff for after-action reports and provide them to grants manager.
– Pack/ship publications for off-site events as directed by staff.
– Manage list of possible speakers for JMI events; conducts solicitations.
– Keep lists of all possible speaking opportunities and field incoming speaker requests for JMI staff and coordinate with appropriate staff.
– Coordinate all logistical details of staff travel, lodging and transportation arrangements.
– Organize and keep track of hotel and airline rewards for each staff member.
– Make effective use of points earned to help achieve the lowest possible bottom line for each event.
– Research and determine the best travel, lodging and transportation options to help achieve the lowest possible bottom line for each event.
– Provide backup on answering phones and door as requested.
Some experience in event planning is required.
How to Apply
Please no calls; a JMI staff member will contact you if you advance in the application process. Cover letters may be addressed to Ms. Becky Liner, JMI Executive Vice President. Please send to Samantha Blair, Executive Assistant to the President | [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, October 12, 2016