Director of Strategic Communications
Company: Enterprise Florida Inc.
Contact Person: Sharon Blake
Application Deadline: June 17, 2013
BASIC PURPOSE: This job is responsible for developing a full spectrum of written public relations materials for traditional and digital media including press releases, media pitches, newsletter content, talking points, tweets and posts. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to develop content that promotes Enterprise Florida messaging, business initiatives, economic development wins in a compelling and story-based manner.
ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES or TASKS
• Researches, writes, and edits press releases, media pitches, newsletter content, talking points, tweets and posts.
• Coordinates with the Director of External Relations with the development of strategic messaging for inclusion in PR plans.
• Develops focused, compelling messaging by seeking out and integrating key background information from a multitude of sources including business development managers, marketing managers and leadership.
• Helps integrate public relations activities into overall marketing campaigns to support business objectives.
• Assuages situations in which information is confused, misrepresented, and/or sheds a negative light on EFI.
• Ensures that all public relations content meets established EFI branding standards and style guidelines.
• Actively participates in regular staff update meetings.
• Assists with the approval routing and posting processes.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field (journalism, public relations, marketing, business) with three to five years prior PR communications experience.
• Possesses outstanding interpersonal, communications (both written and verbal), and human relations skills.
• Possesses excellent writing, editing and proofing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategic messaging in a compelling and newsworthy fashion.
• Demonstrated ability to develop attention grabbing content including titles, headlines and quotes.
• Expert multitasker with ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
• Government or not-for-profit experience
How to Apply
Send resume with salary history to: [email protected]
EFI is subject to the Public Records Law and the Sunshine Law, and that the applicant’s submissions would therefore potentially be subject to public disclosure
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, June 3, 2013