Director of Communications
Company: Florida State Parks Foundation
Contact Person: Courtney Nomina
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS JOB DESCRIPTION
The Florida State Parks Foundation is seeking a self-motivated, dynamic and experienced Director of Communications. Established in 1993, the Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit citizen support organization (CSO) whose mission is to preserve, protect, sustain and grow Florida’s award-winning state parks.
To serve its mission, the Foundation works diligently to educate the people of Florida and its elected officials as to the unique beauty and irreplaceable value of its state park system. The Foundation raises funds to further the mission and work of the Florida Park Service and to improve visitor enjoyment of Florida’s state parks.
The Director of Communications will develop an annual communications plan and oversee all Foundation communications, including all digital and print assets like the Foundation’s website, social media, monthly electronic newsletters, annual reports, press releases, event collateral, etc., to elevate the profile of the Foundation and Florida Park Service. S/he will also work closely with the CEO to promote planned giving and campaigns giving via online and traditional media.
In addition to overseeing all earned media efforts, the Director of Communications will help design and implement promotions designed to turn the Foundation’s digital audience and others into financial supporters. S/he may also take the lead on communication outreach to special target audiences towards the goal of growing planned giving prospects.
– Draft and distribute press releases, statements, op-eds, letters to the editor and other pieces highlighting information and accomplishments of the Foundation and Florida Park Service.
– Oversee the Foundation’s website and social media sites, keeping content fresh, compelling, and visually appealing.
– Develop and implement strategies to spark online giving and create an expanding base of donors to the Foundation, including managing email fundraising campaigns.
– Create monthly online newsletters, as well as additional ones when needed.
– Oversee traditional media outreach, including cultivating key members of the media and generating earned media.
– Develop strategic messaging that uplifts the profile of the Foundation and state parks.
– Implement a proactive communications plan that uses various compelling tactics in promoting the Foundation, its projects and state parks.
– Other duties as assigned, including occasional grant writing in support of marketing objectives.
The Director of Communications will have an Employment Agreement that includes, but is not limited to the following:
· The Director of Communications reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer
· A nondisclosure agreement, and acknowledgement that all material developed, managed, or promoted belongs to the Foundation
· Applicant must be able to travel to attend meetings and conduct Foundation business
· Applicant must be a US citizen
· Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience
· The Foundation is based in Tallahassee, but this position is currently home-office based
· 401(k) matching
· Health insurance
· Paid time off
The Florida State Parks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer
KEY KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ related work experience in an office setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Strong marketing experience and skills, with track record of drafting press releases, managing websites and other forms of communication.
· Strong writing skills with the ability to write on deadline, especially for press releases. Past experience collecting or producing video content a plus.
· Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, with the ability to interact successfully with donors, Board members, work colleagues, state employees, and the public at large.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to accuracy and detail.
· Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
· Appreciation for our award-winning Florida State Parks is a must.
How to Apply
Apply on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3281338166
Job Originally Posted on: Saturday, September 24, 2022