Director of Communications
Company: The Ounce of Prevention Fund of Florida
Contact Person: Douglas Sessions, Jr.
Application Deadline: May 17, 2021
The Ounce of Prevention Fund of Florida is a private, nonprofit corporation dedicated to shaping prevention policy and investing in innovative prevention programs that strengthen families and communities. The Ounce of Prevention Fund is home to Healthy Families Florida, an evidence-based home visiting program proven to prevent abuse and neglect, and Prevent Child Abuse Florida, responsible for the statewide Pinwheels for Prevention campaign.
The Director of Communications and Public Relations supports the activities and responsibilities of program units within the organization. Essential Tasks include:
• Develop and execute strategic communications plans for the organization and its programs and initiatives
• Provide leadership and support for the communications and public relations obligations of the organization’s program areas, initiatives and subcontractors
• Create and implement statewide marketing campaigns in collaboration with funders and stakeholders to include toolkits, printed materials, public service announcements and coordination of special events
• Respond to media inquiries and serve as spokesperson and crisis communications manager
• Write, edit and oversee the design and printing of publications and documents
• Develop and design educational and collateral materials including brochures, booklets, one-pagers, stationary, business cards, banners, signage, etc.
• Write scripts and oversee production of educational videos for internal and external audiences
• Write, edit and distribute media releases, opinion editorials and executive correspondence
• Create and oversee content on website and social media accounts
• Supervise employees assigned to the Communications unit and act as liaison to contractors supplying related work
• Develop and manage department budget, negotiating and monitoring contracts and reviewing expenditures
• Provide guidance and standards to colleagues regarding communications, writing style and grammar
• Cultivate positive relationships with government agencies, professional and philanthropic associations, board members, stakeholders and the media
• Maintain the organization’s Policies and Procedures Manual
The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or closely related field and at least four years of relevant experience.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021