Director of Marketing & Public Relations
Company: State Board of Administration - FLorida Prepaid College Board
Contact Person: Dorothy Melton
Application Deadline: December 15, 2014
Direct, plan, organize, evaluate and control the activities and functions of the Marketing and Public Relations section for the Florida Prepaid College Plan, the Florida 529 Savings Plan, and the Florida Prepaid College Foundation. Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- In cooperation with all other functional units of the Board and applicable vendors, develop a comprehensive marketing strategy, implementation plan and budget with the objective of maximizing return on all marketing activities and expenditures for the Florida Prepaid College Plan, the Florida 529 Savings Plan, and the Florida Prepaid College Foundation.
- Establish goals and benchmarks for evaluating the effectiveness of the Board’s marketing efforts.
- Serve as contract manager responsible for the activities of the Advertising and Creative Services vendor(s), Digital and Social Media Services vendor(s), and Public Relations, Partnerships and Events vendor(s) for the Board.
- Manage external relationships and serve as the primary spokesperson for the Board by interacting with the public, media, and/or other government agencies. Foster and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the Board’s website and social media presence. Oversee the execution of website communications, revisions and updates.
- Develop and produce/or manage the production of the Board’s newsletter, annual reports, enrollment kit, Master Covenant, Disclosure Statement, brochures, and any other reports as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Monitor and assist with the ongoing development and improvement of customer services provided by the Board’s records administrator, provide timely reports on performance standards and assist in the training of customer service representatives.
- Coordinate the response to inquiries, write speeches, prepare correspondence and make presentations as required.
- Monitor market activity and identify new opportunities including opportunities for new product development.
- Develop and maintain professional contacts with media representatives, print reporters, columnists and editorial staff to strengthen and support the Board’s reputation and relationship with the media.
- Manage Communications Coordinator position(s).
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, communications, public relations, marketing, or related field and five years of related professional experience, three years of which must have been at a supervisory level or higher; or a master’s degree or MBA from an accredited college or university, three years of related professional experience, two years of which must have been at a supervisory level or higher. Related professional experience will substitute for the required college education on a year-for-year basis.
The successful applicant must have a proven record of success in multi-channel brand management. A demonstrated ability to think strategically on micro and macro levels is essential. Must have strong project management skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills and On-camera experience are required.
How to Apply
For this position and other available jobs submit a complete application online at https://jobs.sbafla.com/psc/SBA/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL
Review our excellent benefits under the Employment tab at www.sbafla.com
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, November 26, 2014