Director, Government Affairs
Company: Career Source Florida
Contact Person: Victoria Heller
Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
The Director of Government Affairs develops, plans, and manages CareerSource Florida’s legislative affairs programs. This job is focused on establishing and fostering relationships with external and government stakeholders including local, regional, state and federal policy leaders. The Director of Government Affairs
works to strengthen the talent development and workforce network and promote the development of sound legislation, policy and practices. Key in promoting the mission and goals of CSF, the Director of Government Affairs provides feedback to leadership on the organization’s governmental education and outreach efforts in support of policies, programs and strategic initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of five (5) years of proven experience lobbying, coordinating or managing complex programs in a corporate or public-sector environment.
• Knowledge of the state’s talent development and workforce systems, and/or economic development and related programs.
• Knowledge of Florida’s legislative and executive branches.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills along with a proven ability to develop and maintain working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Competent project management skills including project planning, initiating, executing, controlling, and closing as well as attention to detail.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and project management tools.
• Ability to travel as required.
EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Periodic standing and bending.
• Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
How to Apply
Apply on our website https://careersourceflorida.com/about-us/employment-internships/
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021