Director, Development & Communication
Company: Elder Care Services, Inc.
Contact Person: Mark D. Baldino
Application Deadline: December 12, 2014
- Serve as a member of the administrative staff, working with and supporting the President/CEO and the vision and mission of ECS.
- Organize and implement special events such as training, recognition, fundraising, etc. as planned by President/CEO and Board of Directors.
- Work with President/CEO and Board of Directors in setting goals and objectives for community development and fundraising to include special events; donor acquisition, renewal, retention and recognition activities; personal solicitation of individual gifts and corporate sponsorships; on-line giving; and planned-gift development.
- Develop a public relations plan to include speaking to various community groups, coordinating material with media outlets, publishing a regular newsletter, maintaining current information on the company’s website, and implementing other public relations activities that further the recognition and support for ECS programs and activities.
- Manage the development office to maintain gift and donor records and communications, provide periodic reports to the President/CEO and the Board, and coordinate the donor recognition program.
- Plan and monitor budget and expenditures for fundraising and communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President/CEO
This position is also responsible for:
- Collateral Design (internally)
- Collateral Printing (internally)
- Website Management
- Electronic Newsletter
- Communications – press releases, media alerts, etc.
- Special events – spring fundraiser and fall signature Oktoberfest (17th year)
- 2 annual appeals
- Grants (including CHSP)
- Grant Reporting
- Community Outreach and
- Administration of Donor Database
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a major in communications or related field
- Minimum of three years experience in community development and/or fundraising with a record of accomplishment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High energy level with a positive attitude and enthusiasm; excellent interpersonal skills; polished and professional language
- Excellent computer skills, with a working knowledge of MS Office and desktop publishing programs, email, the internet, and fund raising software
- Available to work hours beyond the usual workday of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. when necessary
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, November 24, 2014