Digital Communications Specialist, FSU Foundation
Company: FSU Foundation
Contact Person: n/a
Application Deadline: December 31, 2019
Job ID 46378
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
The digital communications specialist collaborates with various departments and staff to leverage the digital space to engage key constituent groups. The specialist is responsible for staying current with best practices to inform copy creation and designing captivating e-mails (according to industry best practices), updating websites to provide a more user-friendly experience, developing strategy for electronic media, including social media channels, and critically analyzing response data to better enhance communications with key constituents. When necessary, this position may be asked to assist with the design and production of printed communication pieces.
Website design and keeping content current and organized
Website design (new content); regular maintenance of website content; coordinates the implementation of web-based marketing initiatives and evaluate their effectiveness, including addressing usability and navigational issues, search engine optimization and trend data; and makes recommendations for improvements.
Oversee email marketing
Designs and implements all Foundation e-mail communications, including solicitations; monitors e-mail schedules to ensure appropriate e-mail volume and prevent list fatigue; works with database administrators to link recipient lists for digital communications and to keep all constituent queries or lists current in email system database; and trains college/unit representatives as they adopt the Foundation email marketing platform.
Digital communications planning, metrics and compliance
Collaborates with departments and staff (including University Communications) to leverage the digital and social media space; ensures the FSU Foundation website (and affiliate sites) design and user experience are maintained in compliance with laws, ADA compliance and approved visual identity standards and serves as primary content administrator for those sites; leverages measurement tools to provide progress and performance reports and key insights while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics; works with various departments within the Foundation and the University to meet their specific needs and requirements while building and maintaining brand recognition and standards through consistency in design; and participates in goal setting and assists with the development, documentation and implementation of appropriate styles, procedures and protocols.
Social media development and execution
Develops content across owned and earned social channels. This could include blog posts, tweets, status updates, pins, photos, lenses, filters and videos. Creates short videos and animations for dissemination across electronic media channels.
Assists with the design and production of printed communication pieces, as needed. Protects confidential information. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience; or a high school diploma/equivalent and six years of experience. (Note: post-high school education can substitute for experience at the equivalent rate.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, AfterEffects, Media Encoder, InDesign, etc.) or comparable software.
- Basic working knowledge of CSS/HTML.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse audience of alumni, friends, faculty, staff, students and university community members.
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies to best reach target markets.
- Experience in the development and implementation of digital marketing strategies and a familiarity with online marketing best practices.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
- *Applicants must upload a cover letter & resume with their online application.*
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, or a related field.
- Two years of experience with development and implementation of digital communications.
- Proven track record in establishing positive, productive working relationships with customers, vendors, and volunteers.
- Familiarity with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience in a web support or CMS framework (such as Drupal, BBNC/BBIS, Joomla or other).
- Experience with an email marketing platform (such as BBNC/BBIS, Emma, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Intermediate HTML and CSS skills.
- Basic animation and video editing skills.
- Experience taking print jobs from conceptualization, through the design stage, to working with a vendor for production.
- Willingness to work collaboratively as a member of the Foundation team and participate enthusiastically in the life of the University.
- Willingness to constantly update technical skills to stay current in electronic and social media.
- Highly organized, analytical and detail oriented.
- Customer service oriented.
- This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
Soft Money Funded Position
- This is a soft money funded position, with renewal based on available funds and the needs of the University.
Criminal Background Check
- This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How to Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
*Applicants must upload a cover letter & resume with their online application.*
Open until filled
This position is being advertised as open until filled.
The hiring committee will review applications as received.
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, November 6, 2019