Company: Boys Town North Florida
Application Deadline: February 21, 2019
Overview of Boys Town North Florida
Boys Town North Florida has been serving children and families in the Tallahassee area since 1983. Every year, our programs and services touch the lives of more than 5,000 people in The site offers Treatment Family Homes, In-Home Family Services, Foster Care, Care Coordination Services and Common Sense Parenting® classes.
The Development Director in North Florida will oversee donor relations and manage our fundraising initiatives. A successful candidate will be responsible for developing our non-profits fundraising campaigns, communication with current and prospective donors, and building a strong development program for our organization. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts as well as planned and annual giving campaigns. If you have a strong background in non-profit fundraising and development, we encourage you to apply.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or equivalent required. Master’s degree preferred.
• 7 to 10 years of experience including: fundraising and management; experience working with the public in cultivation, gift solicitations, stewardship, donor recognition, and volunteer groups with progressive responsibilities as a development officer.
• Available to travel and to work evenings or weekends as needed.
• Strong knowledge of principles, ethics, and practices of successful fundraising.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement persuasive cultivation ideas and techniques for prospects and donors.
• Proven ability to provide critical analysis, using sound judgment with realistic expectations for prospects and donors.
• Skills in developing and implementing strategic solicitation fund-raising plans that incorporates a concise definition of goals, targeted audiences, and strategies in-line with youth care priorities.
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
• Ability to build and sustain successful, professional relationships.
How to Apply
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, January 22, 2019