Deputy Press Secretary
Company: Florida Department of Corrections
Contact Person: Michelle Glady
Application Deadline: July 26, 2016
- Responds to questions regarding inmates, institutions, probationers, and statistical research in corrections field from national, international and statewide media, the general public and other state agencies.
- Creates and disseminates the Department’s statewide newsletter
- Arranges interviews between reporters and inmates by contacting the designated institution to determine approval or disapproval from the inmates, reviewing the reporter’s credentials and determining when and how the interview will take place.
- Assists in advising institutional personnel about the Department’s media relations policies and procedures through daily contact with the institutions and other DC facilities concerning media requests and visits.
- Assists in developing and distributing standardized departmental policy related to the operation of the Public Affairs Office to DC personnel regarding media relations, requests and visitors.
- Monitor and distribute department news clips.
- Write and distribute press releases and media advisories.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of public relations, public information, mass communications, journalism, news reporting, editing, advertising, marketing or photography.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution OR;
- At least one (1) year of related experience in communications or public relations.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, visit: https://jobs.myflorida.com/viewjob.html?optlink-view=view-912384&ERFormID=newjoblist&ERFormCode=any
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016