Deputy Director of Communications & Public Affairs
Company: Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers
Contact Person: Human Resources
Application Deadline: September 1, 2020
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor press and media on a regular basis and provide updates to leadership on issues of interest to Clerks and Comptrollers.
• Serve as press and media spokesperson
• Lead the development and implementation of the FCCC’s communication plan and strategies to inform the media, general public, and related stakeholders regarding FCCC, Clerk of Court and Comptroller offices and related topics and issues.
• Prepare statewide messaging and craft responses to high level inquiries.
• Provide lead staff support to FCCC communications chair and communications committee.
• Coordinate and manage crisis communications contracts and responses.
• Develop and implement social media and digital content to promote the role and services of Clerks and Comptrollers for FCCC social media accounts.
• Identify and nurture key relationships within the public relations community.
• Engage with key stakeholders including media and government officials to promote the positive image/brand of the FCCC.
• Maintain FCCC brand standards and style guidelines across all communication platforms including print, digital, and broadcast.
• Independently compose original, style-specific content for use in press releases, media advisories, statements, talking points, fact sheets, reports, newsletters, and websites.
• Assist in planning FCCC and Clerk of Court events, press events, and media interviews.
• Manage and update electronic media coverage databases and media distribution lists.
• Respond to media inquiries and clerk requests providing accurate, concise and consistent information within a designated timeframe while adhering to procedural guidelines.
• Maintain current knowledge of FCCC functions and activities, legislative priorities and current issues and topics.
• Provide communications support to the FCCC legislative advocacy program and FCCC legislative committee.
• Utilize critical thinking skills on all projects and identify potential opportunities/partnerships to expand the association’s reach.
• Prioritize multiple projects and consistently meet required deadlines.
• Possess and utilize advanced office administration skills including consistent and accurate formatting of commonly used documents (spreadsheets, business letters, memos, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience developing and implementing effective public affairs strategies.
• Excellent writing, editing, and strategic message development. (Advanced AP Style knowledge required).
• Friendly, self-motivated, can work in team or independently, dedicated team spirit, multi-tasker
• Superb attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to systems
• Experience with web design and content management systems
• Excellent analytical and project management skills
• Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
The position requires the ability to work with a personal computer and peripheral equipment in a Windows environment. Ability to use e-mail, the Internet, MS Word, and Excel is required.
Proficiency in digital communications and technology (Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud) is required.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing
• Five years related experience in Public Affairs, Communications or related areas.
• Extended hours may occur, including weekends and evenings
• This position will require occasional travel within the state of Florida.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected] by COB on 9/1/2020
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, August 14, 2020