Deputy Communications Director
Company: Agency for Health Care Administration
Contact Person: Jamie Skipper
Application Deadline: January 18, 2021
Under the direction of the Agency for Health Care Administration’s (Agency) Director of Communications, the Deputy Communications Director is responsible for developing, coordinating, managing, implementing, and measuring the Agency’s proactive internal and external outreach to key stakeholders and members of the public.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and brand Agency through strategic communications and message development in coordination with other state health care partners and the Executive Office of the Governor.
• Coordinate all external outreach and messaging for the Agency by working proactively and effectively maintaining relationships with internal agency stakeholders, as well as other state agencies and partners.
• Coordinate all internal outreach and messaging on Agency’s Intranet. Create strategies to keep employees informed of agency priorities, events, and updates.
• Develop and implement communications plans to accomplish Agency goals and priorities to proactively keep the public, partners and media informed about Agency issues and special initiatives/projects.
• Assist with public information strategy by researching and studying issue information; evaluating and offering communication options; establishing communication positions, audiences, standards and timetables.
• Create, write and edit content for marketing material, including but not limited to fact sheets, brochures, newsletters and web materials.
• Manage, monitor and create content for all AHCA social media platforms- Currently, Facebook, Twitter and You Tube.
• Update policy, track analytics and find new ways to reach the public via social media. Maintain information for public records.
• Communicate Agency’s programs, mission, goals and purpose through all social media platforms to the targeted audiences.
• Assess the need and potential benefit of social media expansion to other untapped outlets.
• Write press releases, press advisories, agency statements, feature stories, letters-to-the-editor, op-eds and fact sheets. Assist in organizing press conferences, media events, groundbreaking, ribbon-cutting, bill-signing, media events and other events in which the agency hosts, as needed.
• Assist in the development of any external facing document or presentation on behalf of Agency.
• Assist with editing agency Communications Requests as needed.
• Manage and update electronic media databases, requests and distribution lists. Assist with daily electronic news clips, monthly and weekly media reports.
• Serve as an agency spokesperson when needed. Respond timely to media requests, providing clear concise and consistent information when needed.
• Five years related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (English, Communications or Journalism concentrations preferred)
• Superior writing, editing and strategic message development, must be an expert in AP Style
• High level of proficiency in digital communications and technology (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Social Media)
• Hands-on team player with the ability to be proactive and work independently
How to Apply
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, January 11, 2021