Deputy Communications Director
Company: Agency for Persons with Disabilities
Contact Person: Melanie Mowry Etters, APR, CPRC
Application Deadline: September 22, 2021
- Employees of the Agency for Persons with Disabilities are required to demonstrate total commitment to outstanding customer service. This includes, but not limited to, acting in a responsive, professional, courteous manner with the employees, customers and public we serve at all times.
- This is a professional position in the Communications unit. This position has primary responsibility for creating, managing, and monitoring social media content for the Agency.
- Assists with creation and correction of Web content.
- Assists the Communications Director with news releases, the monthly newsletter, photography, and other assigned projects. Also serves as backup agency spokesperson at the discretion of the Communications Director.
- Editor for the CDC+ (Customer Directed Care Plus) Connection, FCC Updates, and Tacachale Tribune newsletters.
- This position manages the call center and users. Duties are to answer, screen, and route telephone calls to the proper staff members within the Agency for Persons with Disabilities Central office, regional office, center, as well as other appropriate Agencies/Departments, as well as assist other users with questions.
- Supervise employees who assist with customer service and correspondence.
- Serves as support for the Communications Director. Works with vendors in the event of inaccurate or defective materials received and ensure the issue is resolved.
- Serves as special project lead for Communications, facilitates and coordinates internal and external communications including but not limited to stakeholder meetings/conferences, as well as APD meetings/conferences. Organizes communication between team members in the Communications Office and others on the project for the best results with design, strategy, and messaging. Provides an advisory role with training, participating in the weekly training meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or English from an accredited college or University
- Must have at least three years of experience in public relations, journalism, or communications
- Must have experience managing social media accounts for an organization
- Must have experience writing and editing with AP style
- Must have experience responding to inquiries from the public on behalf of an organization
How to Apply
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, September 17, 2021