Creative Copywriter and Digital Marketing Specialist
Company: Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers
Contact Person: Human Resources
Application Deadline: August 15, 2020
The Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers (FCCC), established in 1969, is a statewide, non-profit member association. The association is comprised of the Florida Clerks of the Circuit Court and Comptrollers. The association provides education and accreditation for Clerks of the Court and Comptrollers, information and technical assistance to local governments.This position is physically housed in our Tallahassee, Florida office. Relocation assistance and Sponsorship is not available.
General Purpose of the Position:
Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers is looking for a passionate, skilled and highly motivated Creative Copywriter and Digital Marketing Specialist to develop content and promotions for our association.
The Creative Copywriter will work closely with the FCCC communications team and collaborate with subject matter experts to break down complex issues into simple, relatable communications that demonstrate the benefits and value to target audiences. It will work with outside vendors and in-house graphic designers to guide the creative process, establish and adhere to deadlines, and ensure final products match the strategy of the campaign.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will be involved in the strategy, planning and execution of our FCCC communications plan. It will help develop and optimize websites to increase engagement, improve user experience, and increase conversions.
This role is an integral part of the new Creative, Design and Marketing Support Division, which is housed within the Office of Legislative & Public Affairs, and provides creative support for the communications team and all departments within FCCC.
Compensation, Benefits and other: Salaried position; pay depends on experience. Health, Vision, Dental, Life, after waiting period.
PREFERENCES INCLUDE: Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator; CMSs and basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
· Deliver creative and compelling copy across all aspects of digital communications, including website copy, articles, press releases, video scripts, and social media
· Establish a clear brand tone of voice for multiple organizations
· Create, manage, and maintain email campaigns and company newsletters
· Assist the communications team in responding to questions and comments on our social media pages in a timely and accurate manner
· Coordinate day-to-day activities with and provide creative direction to internal graphic designers and external vendors to produce promotional materials, including videos, printed promotional materials, direct mail, social media and online ads, and more
· Conduct research to formulate ideas or support writing
· Track social media and measure success of advertising efforts
· Maintain brand consistency across all media for marketing and communications initiatives
Key Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or relevant field
· 3 years or more in a similar role; agency experience preferred
· A passion for writing and the ability to produce creative and compelling copy within tight deadlines
· Ability to break down complex issues into simple, effective communications
· Strategic thinker
· Attention to detail is a MUST
· Self-motivated and able to collaborate, ask the right questions, and take direction
· Hands-on experience using various social media platforms to advertise
· Experience with market research, A/B testing, and multivariate testing
· Experience creating copy for a range of digital platforms, including blogs, press releases, email campaigns, websites, and more
· Knowledge in latest trends of digital marketing, such as search engine optimization, keyword targeting, geotargeting, and analytics tools
· Experience with content marketing tools
· Experience using CMS, such as WordPress
· Experience using social media management tools
· Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
· Graphic design (such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator), videography, and photography experience are a plus
· Social media and online advertising certifications are a plus
· B2B marketing experience is a plus
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply via e-mail to: [email protected] by COB August 15, 2020 and include:
• A cover letter with salary requirements.
• A PDF or online portfolio, writing samples, and/or a case study of successful projects you have worked on.
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020