Company: Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
Contact Person: Emilie Oglesby
Application Deadline: August 27, 2020
Under the direction of the Director of Communications and the Correspondence Manager, the Correspondence Coordinator is responsible for managing, coordinating and measuring the incoming correspondence and public records at the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO). This position acts as a liaison to the Governor’s Citizen Services Office. The coordinator ensures that the responses are handled efficiently and assists the Correspondence Manager with devising strategies and producing content to align with agency goals.
This position assists the Public Records Coordinator for DEO and is responsible for management and ensuring full and expeditious compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law (Chapter 119, F.S.) and the Sunshine Law (Chapter 286, F.S.). It will assist in providing training to DEO staff and be the secondary point of contact for all inquiries related to public record requests (PRR), as well as the secondary point of contact for requestors of public records from DEO. This position will organize and work with DEOs Communication Office, General Counsel’s Office, Information Technology (IT), and the program area responsible for the record(s) for proper handling, routing and response of PRR. Additionally, it will ensure DEO leadership is informed of new PRRs and the status of each pursuant to the PRR process. As needed, it will assist with coordinating and/or directing DEO and executive staff as needed in compliance with all public records/open government requests.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Screen variety of correspondence and make independent determinations regarding appropriate responses for all incoming correspondence.
• Track incoming and outgoing correspondence into the correspondence tracking system.
• Distribute correspondence to Program Area Correspondence Liaison and ensure timely response.
• Consult with the Correspondence Manager on all issues related to correspondence.
• Prepare responses to correspondence regarding routine requests.
• Review, update and maintain templates used to respond to routine requests.
• Maintain the tracking system with updates as needed.
• Assist in maintaining files and control records to show correspondence activities.
• Assist in maintaining the DEO Comments/Info Mailbox.
• Adhere to all public records management procedures.
• Create and transmit weekly reports to the Governor’s Citizen Services Office.
• Produce, edit and maintain Correspondence Manual as needed.
• Assist with all other communication activities as needed.
• Two to five years related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Experience using digital communications and strong technology skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Hands-on team player with the ability to be proactive and work independently
• Proficient in Florida Public Records Law, Chapter 119
• Social media experience
How to Apply
Please send resumes to Emilie Oglesby, Deputy Director of Communications at [email protected].
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, August 12, 2020