Conference/ Event Planning Intern
Company: Florida Sheriff's Association
Contact Person: Tanesha D. Williams Communications Coordinator
Application Deadline: October 29, 2014
This internship opportunity is most suitable for students studying in the field of hospitality management, public relations, communications or business management. The intern will gain professional experience through working with FSA’s Meetings and Conferences department and assistance with the following:
- Pre-Registration details for FSA meetings and conferences.
- Details of meeting/conference logistics including: room layout, audio visual, transportation, housing, and food and beverage for meetings and conferences.
- Ensuring FSA meetings and Conferences attendees receive professional customer service.
- Preparation of meeting and conference nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Tracking budgets (revenue and expenses).
- Other related duties as necessary to contribute to the overall success of the FSA.
College (sophomore level or higher) or graduate student
- G.P.A. – 2.5 minimum
- Meets the institution’s standards and requirements for participation in an internship program.
- Ability to work a minimum of 15 hours per week for 10-12 weeks
How to Apply
To apply please visit the Florida Sheriffs Association at http://www.flsheriffs.org/our_program/fsa-internships/
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, September 29, 2014