Company: Capital Events
Contact Person: Audra Peoples
Application Deadline: August 31, 2017
Intern Job Description
Reports to: Event Director/CEO
Introduction: Capital Events is a licensed fundraising consultant in the state of Florida with a passion in promotion of downtown businesses, support of the development of Tallahassee hospitality and community engagement.
The Events Internship is an unpaid position designed to provide professional development opportunities to students and community members. The ideal candidate lives locally and is passionate about special events!
• Maintain in-office communication and scheduling (i.e. calendar, email, phone)
• Complete assigned weekly goals in a timely manner
• Accurately record event logistics in designated spreadsheet and binders
• Maintain open and honest communication with Event Director
• Positively contribute to the work environment
• Actively participate in weekly staff meeting
2017- 2018 Projects (intern project-specific tasks TBD):
• Children’s Week – January 2018
• Florida Senior Day – January 2018
• Capital Events Tradeshow – May 2018
• Other Events
o Jazz for Justice
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Credentials and Experience:
• Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely in English.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet office deadlines.
• Experience in delivering excellent customer service and training others in service standards.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
• Ability to learn new programs when needed.
Hours will vary extensively from the standard 8am – 5pm day, Monday – Friday week, including some evenings and weekends during events. Out of office work may be required. Stipends available.
How to Apply
Please email resumes to [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, July 31, 2017