Company: Vocational Rehabilitation
Contact Person: Rachel Smith
Application Deadline: July 22, 2013
This person works closely with the communications director to help with the coordination of VR’s internal and external communications. Duties include, but are not limited to: communication planning, presentation/report creation, Sharepoint updates, newsletter article writing/editing, media tracking, and media relations.
Summary of essential job functions:
• Write and edit monthly newsletter articles for publication
• Assist communications director in writing press releases and media advisories
• Track, report, and organize media clips and contact lists
• Provide administrative support to the communications director
This is a 20 hour a week part time OPS position with no benefits.
• Bachelor’s degree or working towards a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in PR, journalism, English, communications or a related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A creative eye and the ability to multitask
• Ability to organize work and meet deadlines to achieve team goals and objectives
• Must know how to use Microsoft Office programs
How to Apply
Send a copy of your resume and writing sample to Rachel Smith at [email protected].
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, June 21, 2013