Florida Department of Financial Services
Company: Florida Department of Financial Services
Contact Person: Denishia Sword
Application Deadline: June 25, 2019
This is a professional position that assists in the development, management and administration of the Division’s financial and insurance education and marketing programs through the development of written resources for the public and the coordination of community outreach events.
Assists in the development, management and administration of comprehensive financial literacy campaigns to educate consumers about insurance and financial-related matters, including developing educational video scripts, tip sheets, content for online and print publications, etc., Assists in the development, management and administration of comprehensive marketing plans and campaigns to promote the Department, the Division and the services that are available to consumers, including developing content for the Department’s and Division’s website, social media accounts, outreach materials, etc.
Develops and cultivates community and business partnerships with organizations, associations and other entities that will assist the Division in promoting its initiatives and marketing its services. Prepares written communication and correspondence. Assists in identifying and developing consumer protection and awareness initiatives. Evaluates effectiveness of education and outreach programs using data from consumer satisfaction surveys and audience feedback, and provides suggestions to increase effectiveness.
Researches data/information to assist in developing original content. Develops, coordinates and attends public events and forums, as requested. Represents the Department and Division at outreach and media events, as requested, which may require travel. Distributes information on consumer awareness and protection activities to appropriate sources.
Serves as a member of the DFS disaster response team and in that capacity, may be required, on short notice, to perform duties in support of disaster relief efforts.
Performs other related duties and responsibilities as directed.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Must have at least four (4) years of communications/journalism, public relations, marketing, or related professional work experience.
• Four (4) or more years of experience writing professional communications materials such as press releases, video scripts, website content, print resources, media advisories and other outreach materials.
• Four (4) or more years of professional experience proofreading and editing documents.
• Four (4) or more years of professional experience developing and coordinating educational events for the public.
• Four (4) or more years of professional experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
Preference will be given for applicants who have/are:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university with a major in English, communications/journalism, public relations, marketing, or a related field.
• Fluent in Spanish and have the ability to present information in Spanish at outreach and public speaking events.
• Two (2) or more years of public speaking experience.
How to Apply
Please email your resume to Denishia Sword @ [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, June 7, 2019