Company: Florida Department of Financial Services
Application Deadline: September 7, 2018
This is a professional position that assists in the development, management and administration of the Department’s financial education and marketing programs through the development of written resources and materials for the public.
The Communications Specialist:
– Assists in the development, management and administration of comprehensive financial literacy campaigns to educate consumers about insurance and financial-related matters, including developing educational video scripts, tip sheets, content for online and print publications, etc. Assists in the development, management and administration of comprehensive marketing plans and campaigns to promote the Department, the Division and the services that are available to consumers, including developing content for the Department’s and Division’s website, social media accounts, outreach materials, etc.
– Develops and cultivates community and business partnerships with organizations, associations and other entities that will assist the Division in promoting its initiatives and marketing its services. Prepares written communication and correspondence. Assists in identifying and developing consumer protection and awareness initiatives. Evaluates effectiveness of education and outreach programs using data from consumer satisfaction surveys and audience feedback, and provides suggestions to increase effectiveness.
– Researches data/information to assist in developing original content. Develops, coordinates and attends public events and forums, as requested. Represents the Department and Division at outreach and media events, as requested, which may require travel. Distributes information on consumer awareness and protection activities to appropriate sources.
– Serves as a member of the Department’s disaster response team and in that capacity may be required, on short notice, to perform duties in support of disaster relief efforts.
• Must have at least 3 years of professional writing, communications/journalism, public relations, marketing, or related professional work experience; OR a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university with a major in English, writing, communications/journalism, public relations, marketing, or a related field and 2 or more years of the above required work experience.
• Must have at least 2 years of experience writing professional communications materials such as articles, press releases, op-eds, media advisories and other consumer/public resources.
• Must have at least 2 years of research experience to assist in writing professional materials/resources for the public.
• Must have at least 3 years of professional experience with Microsoft Word and Powerpoint.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and writing samples to [email protected] by September 7, 2018.
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, August 23, 2018