Company: Vocational Rehabilitation
Contact Person: Rachel Smith, APR, CPRC
Application Deadline: May 20, 2016
This is a part time position, 20 hours a week, paying $12-$14 an hour, and is flexible.
This person works closely with the communications director to help coordinate VR’s internal and external communications. Duties include, but are not limited to: communication planning, Sharepoint updates, social media updates, newsletter article writing/editing, media tracking, and media relations.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Write and edit monthly newsletter articles for publication
- Interview employers, counselors, and customers for success stories
- Assist communications director in writing press releases and media advisories
- Assist with special events, media relations efforts, and publication requests
- Track, report, and organize media clips and contact lists
- Provide administrative support to the communications director
- Bachelor’s degree or working towards a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in PR, journalism, English, communications or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A creative eye and the ability to multitask
- Ability to organize work and meet deadlines to achieve team goals and objectives
- Must know how to use Microsoft Office programs
How to Apply
Send resume and work sample to Rachel Smith, APR, CPRC at [email protected].
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016