Company: Northwest Florida Water Management District
Contact Person: Human Resources
Application Deadline: November 29, 2014
This is a professional position involving the creation, coordination and implementation of communications, both internally and externally. This position will play an integral role in carrying out District communications and public information activities, including management of the District’s online presence through the development of website content and social media activities. The Communications Specialist will also assist in the design, production and dissemination of printed communications materials.
- Work with staff to organize, generate, produce and update website content to ensure the District’s website remains up-to-date and relevant.
- Develop and publish social media content to establish online presence and advance the agency and our news.
- Help design, produce and generate content for educational publications, including brochures, fact sheets, etc., relating to educating the public about the District’s missions and activities.
- Work closely with staff and the Communications Director to identify and generate content for others proactive District communications, including press releases, advisories, newsletter content and other materials.
- Serve as back-up to Communications Director in for District media relations activities.
- Help develop and implement strategic communications and advocacy campaigns, designed to continually educate and update the public on District activities and translate complicated issues into easily understandable terms.
Graduation from college with a bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing or a related field, and two years of relevant experience; or a graduation with a master ’s degree and one year of relevant experience. Strong writing and communications skills, knowledge of various social media channels and web design experience.
- Excellent speaking, writing, communications and publication development skills.
- Knowledge and experience in web and graphic design programs, including: HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and desktop publishing tools, including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator.
- Knowledge of various social media channels and the ability to use them strategically to reach key audiences.
- Ability to closely coordinate with technical District staff and translate scientific and technical material into understandable material both for the general public and specific industry and interest groups, including agricultural, utilities and other groups.
- Additional abilities include establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with employees and Governing Board members; interacting with the public in a mature, professional manner; excellent communications skills; ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines; ability to work both independently and cooperatively with Communications and technical staff.
How to Apply
Submit a Northwest Florida Water Management District Application and resume to: [email protected] ; or fax to 850.539.2777; or mail to 81 Water Management Drive, Havana, FL 32333
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014