Communications and Social Media Intern
Company: AIA Florida
Contact Person: Candace Munz
Application Deadline: January 2, 2016
About us: For more than 100 years, The Florida Association of the American Institute of Architects has represented the interest of members across the state. Headquartered in Tallahassee, the association is comprised of 13 local chapters and more than 3,500 architect members. AIA Florida involves members in a statewide proactive, organized effort to unite, educate and position architects to lead the shaping of Florida’s future.
AIA Florida is seeking a Communications and Social Media Intern to join our team for the Spring 2017 semester. The internship will be in our downtown Tallahassee office and may be used for college course credit if desired. It is anticipated that this individual would be able to commit at least 15 hours per week for the entire semester, with flexibility regarding class schedule and spring break. This internship would involve primarily social media content development and curation along with press release drafting. Based upon individual interest and performance, additional creative opportunities may be available.
Interns will be exposed to a variety of opportunities to hone critical thinking, technical and creative skills in the application of communication principles and techniques. The individual can also expect to learn a great deal about the architectural profession and legislation affecting the practice of architecture, as this will take place during the legislative session. This individual will be under the direct supervision of AIA Florida’s Manager of Communications and ultimately the AIA Florida EVP/CEO.
Responsibilities may include:
• Coordinate approved social media content including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest
• Suggest social media content based on current events and news
• Use social media scheduling platforms
• Assist in updating website
• Draft press releases
• Maintain and develop lists of media and community contacts
• Ability to work well with diverse audiences
• Monitor and report on mentions of architects and AIA Florida in the media
• Assist the Communications Manager in various tasks directly relation to communications and public relations efforts of the Institute
The Ideal Candidate Will:
• Have an understanding of marking best practices and social media
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Have knack for engaging followers on social media
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and a professional demeanor
This internship is well suited for sophomores, juniors or seniors with a major in marketing, communications, public relations or advertising. *Additional projects may evolve based on student interest and skill
How to Apply
send the following to Candace Munz at [email protected].
• A short statement about why you are interested in this position
• At least one writing sample
• A link to your Twitter and/or Instagram Feed (Really love another platform? Share it with us too!)
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, December 15, 2016