Communications and Outreach Coordinator
Company: Florida TaxWatch
Contact Person: Morgan McCord
Application Deadline: December 29, 2014
Florida TaxWatch, a well-respected, nonprofit, public policy think tank is seeking a Communications Associate to join its core communications team. The Communications Associate will work with a highly professional staff to promote the organization’s research findings and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. This position works closely with the Communications Coordinator and reports to the Chief Research Officer.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Design, create, and disseminate monthly newsletters and other regular communications;
- Create and maintain key contact lists for media and stakeholder correspondences;
- Manage distribution of e-mail notifications through Constant Contact;
- Execute social media strategies to disseminate research information;
- Update press and media section of website;
- Monitor and analyze media coverage;
- Draft scripts for speaking engagements by research staff.
Secondary/Shared Responsibilities Include:
- Draft op-eds and news releases;
- Serve as a back-up point of contact for media inquiries;
- Perform media outreach through traditional public relations techniques;
- Identify relevant target audiences for disseminated research information;
- Maintain issue-specific media lists;
- Facilitate public appearances by appropriate Florida TaxWatch experts.
About Florida TaxWatch
Florida TaxWatch is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit public policy think tank examining government spending and recommending efficiency improvements to maximize taxpayer value. Florida TaxWatch is dynamic and innovative with a highly professional staff of experts in various policy areas. The organization’s research spans a variety of subjects, including economic development and competitiveness, health care, education, criminal justice, citizen engagement, and government efficiency. Florida TaxWatch research activities are conducted and supported by a staff of nearly 20 professionals based in Tallahassee, Florida.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required; major or minor in communications, journalism, or English preferred;
- Experience with email marketing software is required, preferably Constant Contact.
- Experience with media monitoring and outreach software is preferred;
- Experience with social media campaigns is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements Include:
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, collaborative working environment;
- Proficient in AP Style.
How to Apply
Email your resume and two writing samples to [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014