Communications & Marketing Intern
Company: St. John's Episcopal Church
Contact Person: Mandy Schnittker
Application Deadline: August 23, 2019
The student participating in this internship will spend the semester assisting the Director of Communications with promotional projects, including the creation and delivery of engaging content for print, digital and multimedia campaigns. The selected student will have an opportunity to:
• Apply his/her graphic design skills to real-life social media, email and web campaigns
• Help manage social media accounts and assist with developing content marketing strategies
• Use his/her writing skills to develop and edit newsletter articles and feature stories
• Help develop strategy for digital and traditional marketing plans, branding, etc.
• Assist with strategy, content and redevelopment of the St. John’s website
• Provide support on communications-related projects for other departments and ministries – including but not limited to youth, children’s, parish life, music, worship, etc.
This is an unpaid position that is open to students interested in receiving course credit. In addition to the appropriate number of credit hours (based on scheduled hours/week), participating students will also leave with hands-on content development experience, a letter of recommendation and a portfolio of work samples.
• Strong written/verbal communication skills; understanding of marketing principles
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (preferred) and Canva (required)
• Experience with social media and digital platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, WordPress, MailChimp and Constant Contact
• Completion of at least 48 college credit hours; able to devote 10-15 hours a week to the internship
How to Apply
St. John’s is currently accepting internship applications for the fall 2019 and spring 2020 semesters. Although the opportunity is not limited to these majors, we prefer applicants from the following:
• Information, Communication & Technology
• Media/Communication Studies
Interested parties should email a resume, cover letter and design samples to [email protected].
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, August 1, 2019