Company: Florida Trucking Association, Inc.
Contact Person: Brian Nerland
Application Deadline: January 15, 2024
The Communications Manager is a critical role that helps Florida Trucking Association, Inc. manage the professional image, credibility, and visibility of the Association and assists with the coordination and planning of events and services hosted.
Under the direction of the Florida Trucking Association President/CEO, the incumbent in this position is responsible for:
- Planning, coordinating and implementing the production of the Association’s publications, materials, and communication channels and social media that will cover the entire spectrum of program areas within FTA to promote, foster and enhance the professional image, credibility, and visibility of the Association;
- Responsible for managing, preparing, and distributing Member communications including, but not limited to FTA Dispatch (weekly and/or as needed electronic newsletter); member alerts; meeting notices; and other communications pieces, both in electronic and/or print production;
- Responsible for managing correspondence, comment letters, fact sheets, press releases, and other pertinent informational materials;
- Responsible for staying abreast and updated on issues affecting the trucking and transportation industry for the purpose of preparing and providing timely, concise, and useful information to FTA Members;
- Responsible for coordinating media relations, outreach, and public information activities to promote the visibility and professional image of the Association;
- Responsible for developing content and format for FTA meeting event programs and materials;
- Responsible for assisting in the content development for the FTA website, and working to ensure that posted content remains current and accurate;
- Responsible for providing communication-related staff support to FTA Boards, Councils, and Committees;
- Responsible for tracking social media regarding issues of interest and concern to FTA, utilizing social media to benefit FTA;
- Responsible for performing other duties as assigned by the FTA President & CEO.
- Event travel required. Less than 5% of time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, December 14, 2023