Company: Florida Conservation Voters
Contact Person: Laura Ciociola
Application Deadline: November 15, 2021
Florida Conservation Voters (FCV) is a statewide advocacy organization that works to turn environmental values into local, state, and national priorities. We engage people in our democracy to protect our environment and create a healthy,
sustainable future for all Floridians. We connect people to their political power by mobilizing people, winning elections, holding elected officials accountable, and advancing responsible public policies.
FCV is seeking a Communications Manager to play a critical role in creating strategic, holistic communications plans that ensures the organization’s continued growth in alignment with its mission, vision, and values. The Communications
Manager will develop materials that engage various audiences in our work. We are seeking a culturally competent candidate who possesses strong written and oral communication skills and is results-focused, highly driven, thoughtful, and
strategic. This position is part of FCV’s Communications Team and will work closely with FCV’s Deputy Director and Chispa Florida Communications Manager. Together our Communications Managers are responsible for driving and coordinating all communications activities, from earned media to list acquisition and maintenance to digital and online communication strategy.
The ideal candidate has experience with several digital platforms and is able to keep up to speed with emerging trends in online communications. This individual must be a strong executor, able to make ideas and theories a reality. The Communications Manager must be responsive and attentive, work quickly and efficiently, and follow instructions carefully while thinking about new ways to do the work better.
• Create and drive dynamic earned and digital communications plans to increase, retain, and engage the organization’s email and social media followers.
• Design, implement, and manage informative, creative, and innovative content and social media campaigns to communicate our work and engage diverse audiences on the most relevant platforms.
• Manage the organization’s social media presence using best practices, including A/B testing, SEO, engagement measurement, and other analytics, to acquire and retain new followers and supportive influencers.
• Contribute to overall digital content strategy and coordinate a shared calendar of upcoming topics, news and milestones, and external opportunities to guide content planning.
• Manage media relations, including handling incoming press inquiries and requests, writing press statements, advisories, releases, opinion editorials, letters to the editor, and other materials that advance the organization’s goals.
• Provide media and communications coaching and support FCV staff as needed.
• Create messaging materials for FCV staff and members, including shared social media toolkits that staff and partners can use, and amplify FCV partners’ work across social channels utilizing content provided by our partners
• Collaborate with development staff to manage and maintain our membership database and contribute to content development, marketing, and branding of various membership campaigns.
• Contribute to content development, marketing, and branding of the organization’s annual publications (Legislative Report, Elections Report, Briefing Book, and related mail appeals) in collaboration with development staff and
• Provide content editing and proofreading support for digital and print materials.
• Monitor, report, and present on online engagement analytics (web, email, social media, earned media) as well as press mentions.
• Maintain FCV’s blog and contribute web content as needed.
Skills and Experience:
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including an ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment while delivering quality results.
• Discipline to establish goals and work plans and motivation to meet goals, produce results, and exceed expectations.
• Ability to be a creative problem-solver who is resourceful and resilient in challenging or new situations and eagerness to learn new skills and digital tools.
• Minimum three (3) years experience in media communications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (candidates selected to interview will be asked to complete a written exercise).
• Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating communications plans and events for short and long-term campaigns or programs.
• Professional experience managing social media and digital messaging platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTock, Streamyard, etc.) and analytics technologies such as Sprout Social or similar tools to engage a diverse audience.
• Experience with CRM/database platforms such as EveryAction.
• Experience working on non-profit organizing, advocacy, or political campaigns.
• Emotional intelligence and effective listening skills in order to be an effective coach, trainer, and member of a complex team.
• An understanding of environmental values as well as how environmental issues intersect with racism, economic inequality, sexism, homophobia, and other systems of oppression.
• Commitment to increasing racial diversity in the environmental movement and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
• Ability to occasionally travel or work beyond scheduled hours to get the job done—but with flex time after; ability and willingness to travel.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
• Fluency in more than one language, Español or Kreyol preferred.
• Graphic design or video editing skills.
• Experience with Facebook Business Manager and executing Facebook ads.
• Experience working with digital communications firms and building communications budgets.
• Familiarity with and willingness to learn CMS platforms such as WordPress and basic HTML.
• Existing relationships with state and local media in Florida.
How to Apply
Full Job Description: https://fcvoters.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/FCV_Communications_Manager.pdf
Location, Salary, and Benefits:
This is a full-time position based in Tallahassee. The yearly salary ranges from $43,000 to $48,000 relevant to experience. FCV provides full-time staff with benefits including vacation and sick time, a health reimbursement arrangement that covers roughly half of insurance costs, and after two years of employment, a retirement savings plan.
To Apply: Send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to work for FCV and how this position fits into your long-term career goals to [email protected]. Please include “Communications Manager” in the subject line. Position open until filled.
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, October 15, 2021